Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Folks....

Cleaning pool with Dolphin for the first time since opening. The 2ater temp is cold only 62 F. Dolphin is still functioning and doing what it is supposed to do but when it surfaces to tackle the waterline, it is squeaking. The squeaking noise appears to be in sync with the front wheel scrubber. I haven't used the cleaner before in water this cold so not sure if that is causing the noise or if it is something more serious. I had cleaned the impeller before putting it away for the season last fall. Any ideas on what this could be? Suspect it might be grit in the wheel housing. There was some post-winter grit/silt in the pool after the winter cover was removed. Cleaned as much as possible before releasing the robot

Last edited:
Mine has never made a noise. I run it in colder water in the winter so not sure that has anything to do with it.

Let's see if this bump helps you get some input.

Reactions: Freddypop
Not sure but appears it may be the impeller. I had taken it apart to clean it as hair had gotten wrapped around the shaft. Perhaps I over-tightened during reinstallation? Will back-off the screw and see if that helps. Does this thing need any lubricant? Silicone or other?

No, the issue still exists though not as loudly as when it first started. I dismantled it to clean and inspect but still the same issue.

Hi. I have had the same problem and resolved it as follows: remove the blue side panels from the belt wheels. The are hatches inside the Dolphin to release the panels. Unscrew the belt wheels. Grease the rotating parts especially where plastic moves against plastic. If you look closely, you will actually be able to see where the plastic parts rub against each other. At first I used CRC 5-56 oil spray and that helped a lot. I then applied waterproof industrial grease and now the Dolphin is silent when it emerges up to clean the sides - expect for the normal noice from the mechanical parts of course. The whole operation took me about 20 minutes. Best regards

Reactions: Freddypop
Hi. I have had the same problem and resolved it as follows: remove the blue side panels from the belt wheels. The are hatches inside the Dolphin to release the panels. Unscrew the belt wheels. Grease the rotating parts especially where plastic moves against plastic. If you look closely, you will actually be able to see where the plastic parts rub against each other. At first I used CRC 5-56 oil spray and that helped a lot. I then applied waterproof industrial grease and now the Dolphin is silent when it emerges up to clean the sides - expect for the normal noice from the mechanical parts of course. The whole operation took me about 20 minutes. Best regards
Thanks....Will copy your repair over the next few days. Appreciate the response!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.