My dog ate my pool

Pointyhead said:
I used to have labs. I quickly found out that they are part goat, part gopher. They will eat anything and dig holes to China. I've lost the wheels to my gas grill, 100 ft of extension cord, and a 50 ft garden hose to my dog.
Ha, I just dug 8 inch deep 24 foot round area to level my yard for the pool and I think I used half of it to fill in holes from the lab.

Boo and Ava are diggers too but would probably refuse to help me dig my pool. :|

Glad you fixed your pool. :goodjob:

I tried to fill the holes in the girls' fenced in yard and quickly determined that I should have bought a bag of cement because they dug everything back out! Sooooooooo... I put a big rock in the hole up against the fence and they haven't bothered that hole for awhile! :mrgreen: I have a few more rocks/coulders that need placed. :shock:

Update: the dog ate the blue strap, and now there's a tooth-sized hole in the side of the pool. She was chewing on the thing that the strap goes through. It's about halfway down and under 2 feet of water. I can just go to Leslie's and get a patch that will work underwater, can't I? Really don't want to have to drain the pool. Any brand I should look for or avoid? Come to think of it, the pool came with an Intex patch kit too, but I don't know if it works under water, or if it's any good?

Thanks. I feel sorry for the dog. I shouldn't have thrown the gorilla tape at her...
-Mark

Casey said:
I tried to fill the holes in the girls' fenced in yard and quickly determined that I should have bought a bag of cement because they dug everything back out! Sooooooooo... I put a big rock in the hole up against the fence and they haven't bothered that hole for awhile! :mrgreen: I have a few more rocks/coulders that need placed. :shock:

Some welded wire and some sod staples will solve your problems....cut the grass short, place welded wire on ground, use sod staples to hold it there let grass grow tall again you'll never see it, and they won't want to dig there....people also use chicken wire attached to the bottom of their fence coming back into the yard a few feet under the ground cover (pine straw, mulch, leaves etc.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Boo ate the water meter off the side of the house recently .... water co informed us that the meter wasnt reading. He said, I see the problem .... I said, I know who did it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.