My beautiful green swamp that has turned yellow

mdb_007 said:
so my pool is still cloudy and isnt clearing up , ive spent close to $200 in bleach, should I just drain and scrub then refill
You have to be careful not to drain too much that would create an opportunity for the liner to float!

I have not re-read the thread, but it appears you have not finished the SLAM process. If you have zero to .5 CC and have passed the OCLT or are close, then you could try adding DE to the sand filter. Direction How-To in Pool School.

Also, have you checked your filter for problems? Maybe it is channeled and needs a deep cleaning. Here's a link:
my-sand-is-channeled-how-to-fix-it-t7626.html

The Filter is 24" Hayward model no: S244T
Effective filtration area: 3.1 FT2

If the filtration rate is 62 GPM, wouldn't that mean that 6 hours is the turnover rate for the pool and this means it turns over 4x a day?
Is that sufficient?

I know the piping is 1 1/2" in diameter and there are 1 skimmer and 2 jets. from what I have seen online the max gpm for 1 1/2" pipe is 42 gpm, I know the pump is rated for higher than 42 gpm, but being that there is only 1 inlet from the pool to the pump, I think that the gpm getting filtered is 42

Also I attached a rubber hose to one of the jets and the water coming out is just as cloudy as water from the pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
we are getting there!
here are current readings:

FC 13.6

CC 0.8

pH 7.0

TA 130

CH 200

CYA 40

I added enough chlorine to bring FC back up to 16

Just curious if the rest of the values should be considered now?

All you really need to worry about or test for right now is FC and CC. The rest, if needed, can be adjusted later.

By the way, no need to use a 25 ml sample for FC. 10 ml is just fine and each drop will equal 0.5 ppm.

Not until you pass the OCLT. Then start with the TA.

As your pH is reading on the low end of the scale, it is likely lower than that currently with you FC above 10.0. All you will have to do is aerate to bring that up. When it reaches 7.8, add MA to bring it back down to 7.2. Test your TA then, and if you feel it still needs to come down, continue the acid/aerate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.