Mustard algae

Hotshot23

Feb 28, 2020
Alabama
Thoughts,
Did Slam process, removed mustard algae for a few weeks, got chlorine back down to 6ppm, cya 80, algae came back. Pushed chlorine back up to 20 ppm, algae gone. What is going on? I read that’s a sign of a lot of phosphates in pool.

Thanks,
Michael

Did you follow the 24 hour mustard algae shock level at the end of the SLAM? Then it is best to stay above the mustard algae minimum for several days to a few weeks to be sure the mustard algae does not return. In the future, your FC should always stay on the high side of the Target Range if you are susceptible to mustard algae.

Did you follow the 24 hour mustard algae shock level at the end of the SLAM? Then it is best to stay above the mustard algae minimum for several days to a few weeks to be sure the mustard algae does not return. In the future, your FC should always stay on the high side of the Target Range if you are susceptible to mustard algae.
I did the mustard algae shock at the end of the slam. So I though that you couldn’t test your ph above 10ppm? Thanks for your help.

It is difficult to measure the pH when above 10ppm FC. Up to about 15 ppm FC as long as you read the pH test quickly (Seconds) it will be accurate.

Tough to do SLAM, etc at high CYA. Best to not let algae get in the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.