NathanV

Aug 1, 2020
Gastonia, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys. So I've got a 50,000 gallon pool that I get to "deal" with on a regular basis. I currently have mustard algae and last night I slammed the pool to where the FC was at least 34. I came back this morning and the FC was 16. That just seems really weird that it was used up that quickly. According to the Mustard Algae chart I should have the the FC at around 19 (see my test results below). Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I wouldn't figure it would come down that quickly.

Test Results as of this morning (8/2):
FC - 16
CC - .5
PH - /
TA - 80
CYA - 30
CH - Didn't check

I currently have mustard algae and last night I slammed the pool to where the FC was at least 34. I came back this morning and the FC was 16.
Follow the SLAM Process. You are not. Once you pass all three criteria, you then follow the Mustard Algae FC level for 24 hours. Then maintain a higher base FC level for and extended time.
Read Mustard Algae - Trouble Free Pool

Thank you. I guess this is going to take some time especially since this is for a summer camp and kids are in the pool :/ We have a lake on our property that is used and even with showering off it is a problem. Not sure how I'm gonna do this properly but I'll figure it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.