Must haves before pool start-up...

begolf25

Jul 25, 2019
Hanover, PA
Our pool is currently under construction. Hoping for liner and water next week. I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained so far from this forum. Besides one of the recommended test kits, what are some of the things I should definitely purchase prior to starting up the pool? For example, I see everyone recommends hair nets for the skimmers.

Anything else???

Reactions: Shirker
- pool brush - 18" Nylon pool brush or Wall Brush, 24″, Nylon Bristles, Reinforced Metal Back and/or The Wall Whale Brush 18 " Nylon
- leaf net - Blue Devil B4017 Leaf Rake & Skimmer, deep, fine mesh net
- pool pole
- TF-100 or K-2006C test kit + K-1766 Taylor Salt Test since you have a SWG
- chemicals
. - stabilizer
. - muriatic acid
. - at least 2 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine to use if your FC needs to be raised

Have you tested the pH, TA, CH of your fill water to know what to expect in your initial pool chemistry?

Last edited:
Vote again for Skimmer socks. I have not tried the hair nets but I do like the ones that are actually made for the skimmer. They are cheap and last a long time for me. So maybe $5 per year.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.