Muriatic Acid

roblectric

May 30, 2009
I have a large infinity edge pool(36000 gal) that requires 16-24 ounces of MA a day to maintain proper ph.
I have a pump with a 15 gal tank that is programmed to inject MA throughout the day. This system works
quite well with close monitoring. The MA I use is clear enough that you can't see it in the tubing used to transport
it to the pump. Is there a way to dye the MA so it can be seen in the tubing? I have tried a cobalt blue food coloring
gel that was neutralized and had no effect.Suggestions?

Interesting question and you'll probably get an answer from one of the smart people around here. I'm curious why it takes so much acid though. What is your TA and what do you keep your PH at?

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Two things that make ph a booger to control is a gunite pool and aeration. My spill over wall is stacked stone so it
acts like a cooling tower. High evaporation. TA just tested at 71ppm and 7.7 ph.

Test results via pool store
Get a recommended test kit, either the TF-100 or K-2006C. Quality data is important, and you won't get that at a pool store.

Don't add any baking soda (if you are).

Fill out your signature and profile information, which will make it easier for others to help you.

Reactions: int0x2e
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.