Muriatic Acid

Chances are since it says "90% lower fumes" it is probably 14.5% or so as compared to 31.45%

Have you checked at HD, Ace or a pool store for the full strength stuff?

Chances are since it says "90% lower fumes" it is probably 14.5% or so as compared to 31.45%

Have you checked at HD, Ace or a pool store for the full strength stuff?
Im 20 miles from Home Depot. Tractor Supply is right down the road from me, and they will deliver out to the parking lot so I dont have to go in.

I suspect that is 15% Muriatic Acid and you'll have to use twice as much. Make sure you input that % into PoolMath.

I'd use half and re-test...and confirm.

I'd venture to say MA *is* an Essential thing for the maintenance of pools!
Here ya go Look under specifications--> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Jasco-1-Gallon-Muriatic-Acid/50298111

Maddie :flower:
Heck yeah its essential!

That from Lowes seems like the same percentage as the Tractor Supply stuff, and they are 10 miles further down the road. This is what I had gotten before at Lowes, twice as much for half the price, but its unavailable for purchase. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kem-Tek-2-Gallon-Muriatic-Acid/4570022

Just so long as I can use the Tractor Supply stuff, thats good enough for now. Ill head down and pick up a gallon. thanks guys!

As Maddie said, you can use it. I would test any addition first to see if it reduces pH what you expect it to. Chances are, you will see only 1/2 the pH reduction you expect.

Reactions: carnivalday

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question, how many glugs are in a blop? I want to be sure I’m using the correct amount.

Last edited:
I was rather amazed and disappointed that the Lowe's MA is 14.5%... it's not exactly marked as such clearly on the package. I suppose that's better for the hot tub anyway, though I generally cut it before I add the teaspoon at a time anyway...

Ready for pick up, so Ill head down and get it. Today is a swim day! I was using 2-3 blops of the 31% acid before, guess Ill need 4-6 blops of this stuff. I will go easy on it, tho and test as I go along. Dont want to over blop!
That's how I measure it too. It's not rocket science even though many here thinks it is! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.