Multiport valve opens when running

Aug 9, 2011
I have a Hayward DE 48sqft filter with a multiport valve. When running in filter mode all is fine. On anything else, backwash, waste, rinse etc.. there's no much pressure that it pushes the valve up on its own and water come out the backwash are pool returns. Also when I say it pushes it open I'm not talking a little bit for water to seep by I'm talking full open as if the handle was being pressed down to the point I could spin and rotate. it I took out the DE grids and cleaned then up and ran it without DE with the same results. I replaced the spider gasket as the old one was, well just old and the spring appears to be fine its good and tight when then its in the filter mode and when off. I asked around and or course the local pool stores are not all that much help. I'm tired of futzing with this thing so I'll ask the pro's.

Jimmy

I am sorry no one has responded. Have you cured the issue?

If not, let us know. We can ping a couple experts on DE filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.