Multiport Valve and Sediment getting in pool

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island
Towards the end of last season I replaced my filter grids. Things were good.

Fast forward to now. I open the pool and am having sediment / de issues at the bottom of the pool.

-Vacuum the pool and sediment will started to accumulate on the floor
-Installed socks over the returns and I no longer get sediment accumulation
-Remove socks and put the multiport on recirc mode and I get de and sediment on the bottom of the pool. Recirc should be bypassing the filter.

The fact that this is happening on recirc mode leads me to believe I have a problem with the multi port valve.

Is this a simple gasket swap? Does the entire valve need to be replaced?

Multiport PN: SP0710XR50

Attachments

• 20210616_155647.jpg
    20210616_155647.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 3
If your valve is set to filter but the gasket pushes some water through backwash, then yes, DE could get in the pool that way. Did you read the article I linked to?

The more likely reason you get DE in your pool is due to a compromised filter. I have no direct experience with MPV or DE filters.

The more likely reason you get DE in your pool is due to a compromised filter. I have no direct experience with MPV or DE filters.

I did read the article you linked. I'm doubting it's a compromised filter. With the MPV set to recirc no water should be entering the filter. My thought is that if the MPV gasket or entire valve is bad water is getting into the filter and getting into the wrong cavities of the MPV.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.