Multiport connection to DE filter leak

Yaeugd

Aug 15, 2017
Long Island, NY
Opened the pool myself two days ago. Noticed that the bottom connection to the filter was leaking. I put the O-rings good. Lubricated them made the connection still leaking. I packed with teflon tape in the join t and around and screws it together. Went away but noticed it’s dripping again. No cracks on the ring or the threads that I can see or feel. O rings still intact. Any suggestions? 37CE0505-3FF8-457C-85CD-62BDD2D32EB2.jpeg

Attachments

• 2E5DC366-1DCF-4B3E-A42E-5C7912083598.jpeg
    2E5DC366-1DCF-4B3E-A42E-5C7912083598.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 0
Is it leaking between the nut on the left and the nut on the right or between the nut on the right and the tank?
Did you use new o-rings or previously used o-rings?

It’s the same o ring from last year but it’s in good shape. Snugg on he filter. I can change it to see the drip is right on the joint. Where the two sections meet I can’t over tighten it because it will slip. The filter is only 3-4 years old. It stoped when I pack it with Teflon tape but now it’s dripping again

Maybe pull it all apart and start with new o-rings. Be sure to completely clean all mating surfaces - especially on the inlets to the filter (where the o-rings slide into the tank fittings). Also inspect the fittings, etc for any cracks. You should only need to tighten the nuts on the MPV to the filter hand tight or just a bit more.

You shouldn't need to use teflon tape on those at all.

Pulled it apart the o-ring is deformed on the bottom when I pulled it off. How I missed that it has a indent. Went the store and bought a pair but once size too big. Going back now hopefully it will fix the leak. Thanks for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.