Multi-port valve plumbing w/ DE filter

Bugman1401

May 6, 2022
Charlotte, NC
Anyone have a diagram that shows how a multi-port valve should be plumbed to a DE filter?
I recently got my pool renovated with a new liner, MP valve, heater and pump. I kept my old Ever-flo stainless steel DE filter and had the contractor install it.
Now, all the DE is on the inside of the grids.

Also, not familiar with the guts of a MP valve. Is there an adjustment that can be made there or do I need to re-plumb?

Attachments

• C18A215A-2E5A-4FCD-B713-C753FD8557FC.jpeg
    C18A215A-2E5A-4FCD-B713-C753FD8557FC.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 22
No adjustments in the MPV. The key diverter or spider gasket is made-to-fit and designed to channel water when the handle is moved. If a key diverter or gasket ever go bad, you generally replace that part only if possible.

Not sure I'm following the DE question though. Your plumbing looks correct externally to the filter, but you are still concerned about the way DE is circulating inside the filter through teh grids? The techs who did your work didn't change anything inside the filter did they? Probably just new bulkhead/adapter fittings for the MPV?

No adjustments in the MPV. The key diverter or spider gasket is made-to-fit and designed to channel water when the handle is moved. If a key diverter or gasket ever go bad, you generally replace that part only if possible.

Not sure I'm following the DE question though. Your plumbing looks correct externally to the filter, but you are still concerned about the way DE is circulating inside the filter through teh grids? The techs who did your work didn't change anything inside the filter did they? Probably just new bulkhead/adapter fittings for the MPV?
Nothing inside the filter changed. And, there is only one way the MP valve mounts to it. So, the plumbing to and from the MP valve is what determines the proper flow direction across the grids when the MP valve is in the FILTER position. The external plumbing is not correct in the pic above.

DE on the left, sand on the right.

The sand sightglass is on the inside facing the filter.

The DE sightglass is away from the filter.

The DE multiport is 261152.

1656971259890.png
1656971399189.png
1656971599426.png
Pentair - 261152 Multiport Valve Kit 2" for FNS, FNS Plus Filters

Reactions: Texas Splash
This is the sand multiport, which is what it looks like you have.

Notice the sight glass on the inside like yours is.

1656971841879.png
1656971774438.png
The Pentair 261055 Side Mount Multiport Valve works with Pentair Triton Series sand filters.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.