Moving Used AGP

Well I spent two days taping plastic vapor barrier all around the pool base, then shoveling class 5 into a little red wagon what felt like a gazillion times because our wheelbarrow is broken and transporting that to backfill a packed slope off the side of the pool to prevent water from washing out the bottom rails. Then I covered that with landscaping fabric and 18 bags of rubber mulch. I think it's looking good.IMG_20220903_161402694_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to critique an artist mid stroke of the brush, but make sure to get all the rubber mulch from the pool. You don't need a big gap, but you need a gap. (y)

Not sure what your saying?
The rubber mulch is touching the pool. Any material, including rubber will be moist in the morning dew or after a rain, which will accelerate rusting and shorten the life of the bottom rails. So you need a gap of an inch or so with nothing touching the pool.

I felt bad finding something wrong with all the hard work and effort put into the project. It's otherwise an amazing job !!

Reactions: Mdragger88
The rubber mulch is touching the pool. Any material, including rubber will be moist in the morning dew or after a rain, which will accelerate rusting and shorten the life of the bottom rails. So you need a gap of an inch or so with nothing touching the pool.

I felt bad finding something wrong with all the hard work and effort put into the project. It's otherwise an amazing job !!
We taped vapor liner appx 9" up all around the outside bottom of the pool like when we first set it up almost 18 years ago. Then class 5 at a slope, then landscape fabric, then the rubber mulch . Also the wall is galvanized and the bottom rails are aluminum. They could corrode if something is caustic enough but they won't rust.

Reactions: Newdude
The guys started putting the deck back together!! It's incredibly heavy since we used Trex and they just cut it in half and loaded it on a gooseneck trailer to bring it over. It took both our loader tractor and our skid steer at the same time to lift the pieces off the gooseneck trailer since they loaded it all upside down. They got them off, flipped over and put them on the new frame that my husband put up with concrete into the ground last week.

I know our job is slow moving but we never planned to open the pool this year since everyone has been working 10-12 hr days and our goal is to get things good for the winter and be ready to go full blast in the spring.

IMG_20220917_162414648.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK all - this has been haul but we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I work 10 hour days plus drive an hour each way and have horses and chickens AND am raising two grandchildren (3 and 8) so it's taking us a minute to finish everything. The deck is close to done - the filter and pump are hooked up as last Saturday but we haven't hard plumbed anything yet and the solar panels are not up. Will continue working on those through the summer since it's been so hot here the pool is already 85° without the panels. We are ready to put the steps in the pool and take a dip this weekend. I've been in the pool a couple of times brushing the walls and the floor so the water was nice and warm. Some recap pix since we moved it over last summer. Water is perfectly balanced and crystal clear - reminder - we piped it over in irrigation piping from the shallow well at our old place on the farm 2/8 mile feet away. High alkalinity and pH so plenty of muriatic acid went as well as metal sequestrant.
Screenshot_20230607-221450_092105.png

Screenshot_20230502-212321_091942.pngvicoo20230405070558.png_091908.jpg

I have a gazebo we moved over with really nice furniture and a brand new bar just on the other side of the deck. That has also been sitting for 6 years since we moved, with the furniture packed away in a grain bin. I'm so happy to see all of it and I'm going to fire up the blender this weekend for sure. I missed my pool so much!! We're putting a privacy fence in between the pool and the farmyard to sort of block the wind and block the view of the guy that's renting our bins from us. He doesn't need to see what goes on in the pool, 😉

You can see the completed privacy fence behind. We have what we call Bag Toss Alley in between that runs out the back of the gazebo up to where the solar panels are going next to the pool shed out past the hedgesScreenshot_20230614-092658-597.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.