Moving into House, how can I make sure pool is good to go by day 2?

The powder should be in the kit - it's a little inch by inch cylinder with a screwtop. It's usually located in the left side of the kit, middle compartment. There's a cylinder next to it marked "chlorine only" with an unrelated bottle of reagent inside of it.

The powder should be in the kit - it's a little inch by inch cylinder with a screwtop. It's usually located in the left side of the kit, middle compartment. There's a cylinder next to it marked "chlorine only" with an unrelated bottle of reagent inside of it.

Thanks, I found it! I must have been blind when I was looking for it when doing the initial testing. I will be retesting the pool tomorrow; hopefully I will be able to get the pool up by Saturday evening to swim in!

It is safe to swim when
PH is between 7.2 and 7.8
FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]
And the water is clear

The PH test is not valid when FC is above 10. When and what was the last test under 10?

I'm in n. phoenix as well. My favorite chlorine is 4 gallon cases from hasa. There are couple pool stores that carry hasa, 4 gallon crates of 12.5% chlorine. I like doing it this way as you don't throw plastic away constantly, just return crate with bottles and get another. They go through a lot of chlorine so it is fresh, cheap, and strong, and of course no waste.

It is safe to swim when
PH is between 7.2 and 7.8
FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]
And the water is clear

The PH test is not valid when FC is above 10. When and what was the last test under 10?

This is the first test that I did with FC results. So I don't have any other markers to compare to. I'll retest the FC later to see if maybe I did a user error.

I'm in n. phoenix as well. My favorite chlorine is 4 gallon cases from hasa. There are couple pool stores that carry hasa, 4 gallon crates of 12.5% chlorine. I like doing it this way as you don't throw plastic away constantly, just return crate with bottles and get another. They go through a lot of chlorine so it is fresh, cheap, and strong, and of course no waste.

What is hasa? This is my first pool so I don't know any pool places yet. Thanks for the tip.

What is hasa? This is my first pool so I don't know any pool places yet. Thanks for the tip.

HASA Dealer Locator

Just put in your zip code and press search. Dealers stock liquid chlorine and MA in 4 packs of 1 gallon reusable jugs. You pay a refundable deposit on the 4 jugs and carry case.

In the east valley (east of Phoenix AZ for non locals), A&M Corsons carries it. There are others dealers too. 4 gallons of 12.5% chlorine is $14.99 and 4 gallons of 31.45% MA is $18.99. The "Chlorinating Liquid" (10% - non reusable jugs) at Walmart for $2.50/gallon is a better deal presently - based on cost per fluid ounce of available chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.