mounting options for my outdoor screen

Feaker

Gold Supporter
Dec 7, 2019
Austin
My gunite pool will be mostly out of the ground and I want to attach my movie screen to the back of it in a way that I can take it down when I want to.

I was thinking having them install a couple rows of something like this along the back of it:

Then I could strap my posts and whatever else I want to the back in a way that's not permanent. A couple problems I see is that I have a knife edge along the back so whatever i put back there has to be able to handle chlorine. It seems like nothing really will though.....

Any ideas?

1/2 inch Galvanized bolts sticking out that you can attach to. And replace said attached parts as neccessary ?

They shouldn't, at least not quickly.

What about treated 4x4s or 4x6s going up the back wall, just short of the ledge ? You could replace them in 10 years when they rot.

Do you have the space to use a sleeve in concrete?
Pretty low profile and low maintenance. That would give you the ability to use a round or square post for the screen and option to remove the posts when you want to.

Stainless steel?

I researched a decent amount after posting last night. there were 3 grades of SS bolts. The highest grade SS had better rust resistance than galvanized, which had better resistance than the 2 lower SS coatings. for the top grade SS and galvanized they are completely impervious until the coating is scratched. So if nothing hits/rubs it and removing the nut is minimal or never, they should both last forever.

Home Depot, for example doesn’t list the SS grade, simply ‘made with SS coating’.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.