mounting options for my outdoor screen

Feaker

Gold Supporter
Dec 7, 2019
Austin
My gunite pool will be mostly out of the ground and I want to attach my movie screen to the back of it in a way that I can take it down when I want to.

I was thinking having them install a couple rows of something like this along the back of it:

Then I could strap my posts and whatever else I want to the back in a way that's not permanent. A couple problems I see is that I have a knife edge along the back so whatever i put back there has to be able to handle chlorine. It seems like nothing really will though.....

Any ideas?

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
1/2 inch Galvanized bolts sticking out that you can attach to. And replace said attached parts as neccessary ?

Feaker

Gold Supporter
Dec 7, 2019
Austin
1/2 inch Galvanized bolts sticking out that you can attach to. And replace said attached parts as neccessary ?
Yeah this is kinda what I was thinking as well but won't the galvanized bolts rust? Would that happen in a short period of time?

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
What about treated 4x4s or 4x6s going up the back wall, just short of the ledge ? You could replace them in 10 years when they rot.

Last edited:

SinCityCJ

Gold Supporter
Nov 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Do you have the space to use a sleeve in concrete?
Pretty low profile and low maintenance. That would give you the ability to use a round or square post for the screen and option to remove the posts when you want to.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Stainless steel?
I researched a decent amount after posting last night. there were 3 grades of SS bolts. The highest grade SS had better rust resistance than galvanized, which had better resistance than the 2 lower SS coatings. for the top grade SS and galvanized they are completely impervious until the coating is scratched. So if nothing hits/rubs it and removing the nut is minimal or never, they should both last forever.

Home Depot, for example doesn’t list the SS grade, simply ‘made with SS coating’.