zwats

Sep 8, 2018
ky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had my previous motor replaced in 2019. I just opened the pool and the motor sounds very loud, which I am assuming it needs replaced. Im going to call local pool company tomorrow because Im not familiar enough with the motor to install myself. Should I keep using the motors they supply or buy my own better motor and have them install it?
What is a good replacement that might last longer and not break the bank. And how long should motors usually last? Or should I also replace the pump and get a different pump/motor

Our old motor was a Hayward super pump model # c48k2n143b1
serial # 33615chcl033000363
HP-1
then local pool people I called replaced it back in 2019 with a Century
serial 05219ch
Part 0-184981-23
Hp-1
If it matters I have a Hayward pump model # SP2607X10
and Hayward sand filter model # S-220T

Last edited:
Pump motors should be lasting a lot longer than 2 years.

A Century motor is as good as they get.

How long did the original motor on the pump last you?

If motors are failing prematurely it may be an installation problem. Is your pump properly bonded and grounded? Post pics of the pump, motor, and your equipment pad.

When you say the pump is loud is it a high pitched squeal?

@JamesW

I would call Inyo and ask if you can replace the motor with the 1.65 HP V Green VS motor, this is what I just did... It is a great motor and because it is VS in can be run at very low RPM and save you money..

Get a salt water seal for your pump also and a seal kit (they have all of these) :)

the first part of this video is how to take the pump off the motor...

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.