Mixed pool coping - travertine bullnose and flagstone?

Careta

May 18, 2020
North carolina
Would love to get opinions on this. I am in the process of building a gunnite pool. we selected silver travertine as our coping and deck material, with silver stacked ledgestone for the spa and columns. Our coping hasn't started yet (will start very soon), but our PB is planning on using half travertine bullnose for the coping that meets the deck, but then flagstone for the other half that doesn't meet any deck, it will be grass/landscaped area. I think it has to do with how the travertine bullnose would look on the grass/landscaped side, but I really am struggling on whether to push back on this ( I do trust the PB judgement, as they have done this for a long time).

I have always envisioned pool coping to be a consistent material, and wanted to see if anyone has done this before or has thoughts on this approach. I'm not sure how it will look transitioning from travertine to flagstone (they mentioned using a rock to separate it).

If anyone has done something similar, can you please share pics?

Welcome to TFP.

Can you post pics of your pool area so we can see what it looks like? And pics of the travertine and flagstone samples?

@kimkats you ever hear of mixed coping like this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.