Missing Pool Filter Gauge

sagosto

May 28, 2019
Mahwah, NJ
My previous pool company “lost” the pool filter gauge and stores are closed on Sunday in my area. Is there anyway to run the filter till I can get my hands on one in a day or 2? The new pool company opens the pool tomorrow and don’t know if they have a spare.

My previous pool company “lost” the pool filter gauge and stores are closed on Sunday in my area. Is there anyway to run the filter till I can get my hands on one in a day or 2? The new pool company opens the pool tomorrow and don’t know if they have a spare.
If you can wait order the gauge they sell at the Trouble free store. Wasn’t sure if you meant it’s lost and now you can’t run the pump or not.

Most gauges are 1/4 NPT pipe thread. Any hardware store should carry a plug that will get you buy until you source a gauge.

Thanks. Any brass gauge 1/4 NPT with good reviews should suffice? And, for now, just get a 1/4 NPT plug, correct?

If you can wait order the gauge they sell at the Trouble free store. Wasn’t sure if you meant it’s lost and now you can’t run the pump or not.

I ordered 2 from Amazon but they might not arrive until Monday and I want to start running the pool filter. In North Jersey, stores are closed so I don't have many options.

Reactions: markayash
Thanks. Any brass gauge 1/4 NPT with good reviews should suffice? And, for now, just get a 1/4 NPT plug, correct?
Yes. It should get you by until you get the gauge. Use a couple wraps of Teflon tape on the threads before installing. I'll bet the the guys coming to open the pool will have a plug or gauge to get you going.

Reactions: sagosto
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.