Missing Clamp Assembly, Intex Sand Filter

Aug 1, 2017
Audubon, NJ
I bought a used Intex Ultra Frame rectangular 9'x18' setup off of Craigslist for my niece & nephew to swim in when they come here next week, and discovered when setting it up last week that a couple of parts were missing. The step gasket for one of the hoses I easily replaced via Amazon, but I've scoured the internet & local sources for a week with no luck finding a replacement for the sand filter's "clamp assembly", without which I can't run the blasted filter.

It's an older model 10" sand filter (Intex SF90110T), and the "clamp assembly" (part# 11722) holds the top & bottom pieces of the filter together - no clamp means the filter can't pressurize. Local pool supply vendors have no compatible parts available, and my go-to problem solving combo of Google & Amazon has failed me for the first time in... ever.

I tried C-clamps as a temporary workaround, but the lip where the pieces of the filter join is sloped above & below, so the clamps slide right off. I fruitlessly wandered the aisles & pestered the employees of Lowes & Home Depot hoping to find a viable solution. At this point the only way I can think of to get the filter up & running is to epoxy the top & bottom together, wrap the dratted thing with Gorilla tape and hope for the best. I figure if we want to use the pool again next summer I'll just try to find a useable replacement filter on Craigslist - and make sure it's complete & in working order before handing over any money this time.

If anyone can possibly suggest a less drastic method to hold the filter together firmly enough for it to fully pressurize I'll be extremely grateful. Failing that, I'd also appreciate thoughts on whether my "desperate measures" proposal of epoxy & Gorilla tape would work well enough to keep the filter functioning through the rest of the season. Thanks!

Sorry, should've mentioned that I'd already tried calling Intex. The only "help" they offered was stating that they *might* have the part back in stock in 4-6 weeks. They had no advice regarding alternate solutions beyond "buy a new one".
I also tried contacting the seller, who claimed that all the necessary parts were present when his son loaded them into my SUV, so no help there either.

Well, I've certainly learned my lesson the hard way about Intex's position on customer service - for lack of an $8 part I really have no choice but to buy a whole new filter. I can definitely say it won't be an Intex product - of course, that means I'll probably need hose adapters & stuff to connect it. Heh, since we moved from our old house with an in-ground pool to one with none I've kept saying how I missed having a pool, now I kind of miss *not* having one. ;p

If you went with something like this 1 HP Pump and 19" Sand Filter then you are looking at a pump and filter system that is twice the size of the Intex System and may be best in the long run for you as the small Intex filters need to be cleaned all the time and normally there pumps can be quite cheaply made.

If you're at all DIY it's a breeze to adapt to an Intex Pool.

Here's my Hayward 21" 200lb sandfilter & 1.5HP PowerFlo Matrix pump, hooked up to two Intex SWG's, 72 sqft of solar, and ultimately the Ultra Frame pool:

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.