Jul 2, 2013
Wesley Hills, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,
I have an old Intermatic timer controlling my pump. I'm looking for a replacement plastic insulator cover, but it seems that mine is oriented in reverse of all of the timers out there. My switch is on the left (at around the 7 o'clock position), and on is to the left. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement cover?

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_123504.jpg
    IMG_20190607_123504.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 17
According to the patent number, that timer is probably from the 1960's.
Patent Number 3052765
Are you sure it's an Intermatic?

Looking at the electrical connections and the rust on the box mounting and support area, you may want to consider redoing that area in the near future - including updating the timer and timer housing.

I thought I had seen intermatic somewhere on it, but maybe I imagined it. However, it being from the 60's wouldn't be surprising at all given the rest of the house...
Any thoughts on plastic until I get around to replacing everything?

That electrical cord entering thru the connector from the lower right side doesn't look to be waterproof either. Water infiltration is going to be an issue.

I suppose you could fabricate a piece of plastic to fit. Are those 2 round tabs I see just above and to the left and right of the electrical connections? If so, maybe that's what held the original protectife cover on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.