The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a request for a minor change that I think would be fairly easy to do, and would be beneficial to many folks. When I add the recommended amount of a chemical and click Log Addition, I would like to see the top bar and Log Addition button (both which show red) to turn green indicating that the addition has been logged and the user has completed the action.

Any chance of adding this change?

Last edited:
If I may ask, can you show a screenshot of the top? I’m wanting to see what page you’re referring to. Also, are you on Android or iOS as it should also show a “saving” message.

I'm on Android.

Yes, it says "Saving"... but if I leave this screen, look at another reading, then go back, I have to remember that I actually did the save. Hey - I'm getting old. No judging :)

I just think this is an easy change that really gives a great visual to the user. It should remember what I actually saved for the duration of current test log entry. Just a thought.

The top bar I'm talking about is where it shows "pH X ..."

1578793033429.png

Last edited:
Just jumping in as I’m on IOS and think this would be a useful inclusion.

On IOS you get a saving dialogue (kind of like spinning wheel) but it disappears and the screen that remains is the addition screen in the same state prior to pressing the button

So basically what you’re asking is for a message saying you’ve added a certain chemical already “today?” So if you test at noon you don’t add again at 2’ish??

Am I close?

I find myself checking the log manually after clicking "log addition", so some sort of confirmation would be great-- I would suggest, on ios at least, once the spinner goes away, a simple dialog with "Added" or a check with green, and two buttons, OK and "view log" so that I can continue to feed my paranoia with one less click :D

UI designer here. Color is not enough (remember, some folks are colorblind). The "Log addition" button should go away, replaced with something telling: like text that declares "Addition Logged" perhaps in addition to a button along the lines of "Replace Logged Addition." That both makes it obvious that the addition was logged, and allows for it to be updated/replaced should the user choose to. A "View Log" button would also be handy, though I could offer reasons why that should be there all the time, not just after an addition was logged.

Reactions: gonfishin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just make sure to have a time out of the "Addition Logged", let say 24 hrs.
Great idea.
Interesting, but I would have said as soon as you leave that screen it resets. If you want to know later if you dosed or not, then you’d check the log (which is the interface for examining additions), not the interface for adding log entries. Besides, you might be servicing multiple pools, you might be dosing every hour (slamming), you might be adding different chems minutes apart, etc. The “Addition Logged” indicator is only meant to give instant feedback that the addition made it to the log, it’s not a reference for future use. (IMHO)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.