Mini Pebble finish problem

Update, We are still in the same situation prior to the 2nd refinish with the brown blotching in the finish. The contractor has been providing the cleaning and his employees are telling him and us that they have never seen this before. One of the guys thought he was at the wrong pool because he was told it was a new finish.

At this point I am under the belief that this is an inferior product NPT is selling. Any ideas on how to obtain an independent analysis/opinion by someone that would not be considered as having a competitive bias?

At this point I am under the belief that this is an inferior product NPT is selling. Any ideas on how to obtain an independent analysis/opinion by someone that would not be considered as having a competitive bias?
@onBalance may have ideas.

I agree that it does seem to be some defective and contaminated material from the manufacturer. Perhaps some pebbles and cement contains iron and is oxidizing to a brown color.
There are many cement (concrete) laboratories in the country that could received a sample of plaster from your pool and perform an analysis. It may cost only several hundred dollars or could be at least four thousand dollars. Depends on what is needed to do to determine the problem.