Midwest 30k gallon or over, heated or natural?

Ours is 27K so I don't qualify but that usually doesn't stop me. I am mostly satisfied without supplemental heat. Though bumping it up to 85, from our summer minimum of 80 would be very nice. We can get to the upper 80's and touch 90 during a hot stretch. However, I also have an autocover that, if we have a cool rainy few days in June, I will close it and that helps to retain a few degrees helping on the backside. You can see my Pool Math logs of our temps via the link in my signature or by clicking on my avatar and clicking Pool Math Logs. We have sun from about 8am to 7pm which is a huge help.

Ours is 27K so I don't qualify but that usually doesn't stop me. I am mostly satisfied without supplemental heat. Though bumping it up to 85, from our summer minimum of 80 would be very nice. We can get to the upper 80's and touch 90 during a hot stretch. However, I also have an autocover that, if we have a cool rainy few days in June, I will close it and that helps to retain a few degrees helping on the backside. You can see my Pool Math logs of our temps via the link in my signature or by clicking on my avatar and clicking Pool Math Logs. We have sun from about 8am to 7pm which is a huge help.

We just hit the magic 85+ today! Ahhhh.

Did you intend to comment above? Nothing came through. I can delete that if you’d like to try again.

I kind of count and in a funny way. I have 35k gallons in your general climate and I have a heat pump that we never use because it does exactly what you would like it to do........ taking a warm pool and making it warmer. It is the far more efficient of the 2 styles for that.

We like the cooler ‘warm’ water so we never use it. What we would prefer is to greatly extend the swim season which is where a gas heater shines.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.