Middle of Slam - First time testing FAS-DPD

I'm not 100% with the rounding up crowd for cya just yet. I'm still struggling with an old school tfp mindset tho. I think you can tell the difference between 55 and 60 in the tube, and it will allow you to SLAM at 2ppm less fc.

The scale between lines is logarithmic, not linear. Halfway between lines is not 5. You cant judge what it is. So you then cannot take that wrong reading and interpolate values from the FC/CYA Levels.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Trying to shortcut the SLAM Process is what leads many to frustration.

I definitely can see the bottom of the pool with nothing on the bottom or walls. The pool is crystal clear. Clear water on the backwash and rinse. Vacuum doesn't have anything in it either. When do I start testing the pH? When will that read correctly?

You can test pH when FC is below 10.

You can swim when FC is below SLAM level and you can see deep end of pool.

OK, I get it. I do realize shortcuts don't work. I am still struggling with old TFP mindset. Doh! It is better to assume 60.

Better yet to vacuum to waste today and replace some water to get it down to 50. Shrug... She's been overdosing to 28ppm FC and it's working nicely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.