microbrites to light pool in north texas?

joepaiii

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2013
Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Anyone have microbrites in their pool in the north texas area? I have three in my main pool shell now (620sqft) and was wondering if it is going to be enough (gunite is shot already so adding more cost more money and worse yet time). Best way to know is to see another pool in real life... anyone have one that could share pictures?

Thanks,
Joe

I'm not familiar with microbrights -- can you explain what they are?

That said, I have a string of fairy lights around my above ground pool, solar powered, and they work beautifully. This is their second season. This is what I have

We have the Pentair Microbrites: 2 in the pool, 1 on the tanning ledge and 1 in the spa. They are not super bright, but it seems like adequate coverage for our pool (pic below). I would think 3 in the actual shell would be fine assuming we are talking a pool that will fit in a typical suburban Dallas backyard.

IMG_6217.jpg

We have the Pentair Microbrites: 2 in the pool, 1 on the tanning ledge and 1 in the spa. They are not super bright, but it seems like adequate coverage for our pool (pic below). I would think 3 in the actual shell would be fine assuming we are talking a pool that will fit in a typical suburban Dallas backyard.

View attachment 141869
Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for. Are these color microbrites or white? Our pool is 37x19 and a diving pool But above looks pretty good... what are the dimensions of your pool?

Ours is approx 33' x 14', so a little bit smaller. If you have 3 in the pool section, that should be perfect.

Those are the color microbrites.

We have the Pentair Microbrites: 2 in the pool, 1 on the tanning ledge and 1 in the spa. They are not super bright, but it seems like adequate coverage for our pool (pic below). I would think 3 in the actual shell would be fine assuming we are talking a pool that will fit in a typical suburban Dallas backyard. Thanks

View attachment 141869
Thanks for posting. I am on PB #2 now. Original PB ordered Glowbrite lights but installed 1.5" notches in the shotcrete, instead of 2". I now own 7 Glowbrite lights that are USELESS to me. Pool is 16x35. There are 5 spots for pool lights, +1 on the tanning ledge, +1 in the spa for a total of 7 lights. PB #2 installed an off brand of lights that the Intellitouch system will only turn off/on, no color control and kills the color control for the Magic Stream lights. (PB#2 tried to save some money, so I can't fault him for that.) I can turn the pool lights off and on multiple times to scroll through color selection, but who wants to do that? Today I ordered 7 Pentair Microbrite lights. I plan on installing these next week if the arrive in time. Hopefully they will sync with the Magic Stream and the color controls will work on the Pentair APP. I am not a fan of the programing of the intellitouch. I really wish it had a gui interface. I am sure after working with this one it will be easier, but as a first time pool owner, it's harder than it should be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.