Micro Bubbles from Return Jets

Core627

Aug 23, 2021
Miami, FL
Howdy everyone!

I am at my wits end trying to figure out why my return jets have these micro bubbles coming out of all of them. I have a Jandy SWG and the pool is about a year old. I have checked the joints, i've checked the gaskets, everything and nothing seems to solve it. When I say micro bubbles, I mean you can't really see it from above the water, you have to get under and you'll see it. The weird part is they are on and off. They will be present for about 15-20 minutes, then go away then back again. I have a heater I bypass now in the summer since in Miami you don't need it, knowing that this heater can have some air in it from time to time (per my pool installer). At this point I am either missing a key detail about SWG pool equipment or I have some kind of leak present in the joints underground.

Any help is appreciated to put my mind at ease.

Welcome to the forum!
A SWCG creates chlorine and hydrogen gas. The chlorine gas goes into the water instantaneously. The hydrogen comes out into the pool as a gas. You are seeing hydrogen gas bubbles. Turn the SWCG off, the bubbles will cease.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thank you sir! After posting i did a little more digging and saw you respond similarly to someone else. I appreciate the answer to me and sorry for what now seems like a dumb question. I don't understand why the installer didn't tell me any of that but now I know.

All the best and thank you again!

Your very welcome. I encourage you to take a look through Pool School and see how TFP teaches to manage your pool water chemistry. You may find it appealing. You will find it easier, cheaper, and that it provides a more enjoyable pool experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.