Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,
We have recently started finding thin, relatively short (approx 1-3 inches, although some much longer at 1 foot plus) little metal spirals in our pool. Has any one else ever had something like this in their pool?
It is a new pool, but been running and in use for approx 3 months. The builder recently swapped out two 3 way valves (pool vs. spa suction and returns), but this seems unlikely to be related to that work.
Other things might be our automatic cover (CoverCare), our cleaning robot (Aiper Seagull Pro), maybe internal to filter, pump or heater?
The picture has the longest ones we've found and a few short ones as well as a diving ring for scale.
Anyone seen this before?

metal spirals.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. :scratch: Unless you have a neighbor tossing things over the fence, or something else nearby that could be blown in (it has been very windy), I'd be concerned about the cover first. Maybe the cover track? I can't imaging anything like that coming from items on the equipment pad.

Reactions: Newdude
That is a really good idea - I’ll have to take a closer look at the channel track and see if the front bar looks like it’s been scraping. That would make sense for the tight spiral.
We have the company coming out to do an adjustment on the cover as it’s not closing smoothly. This all seems like it would fit for a cause.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.