Metal Magic

Jun 9, 2018
Baldwin, Florida
A few weeks ago I bought the Proteam Metal Magic. I have well water and some copper staining.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with it and if it would be alright to just start a maintenance dose. My chlorine level is a little bit high to do an initial dose.

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Are you sure it's copper? From what I've heard, most wells have issues with iron. I have used MM quite successfully to treat iron stains on my plaster. However, I've never used it alone. It's been used as part of an AA (ascorbic acid) treatment.

I don't think you have to wait for your chlorine level to drop to use it. That refers to the AA treatment because the AA and chlorine neutralize each other.

Ya the stain is copper. It's bright green. The copper is probably from multiple issues number one being years of using algaecide.

We're pretty lucky with this well. The only sign of iron is when we run the water too long we get a sulfer smell but no brown stains. But it's obviously there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.