So I have 18 round
Passed overnight loss test after2 weeks
Sand filter
Using sock and polyfik and DE
FC. 10 (slam level)
PH. 7.2
TA. 60
CH. 60
Cya. 20-25 (can still see dot but cloudy)

last year with my well the polyfil with bucket got so brown and all metal out. This year topped off and very little brown on polyfil.

water is super Clear but light green.
I’d like to use sequester to get this cleared up. What do I use?

I think it is copper?

Attachments

• 2108EEB3-CCEB-4C82-B67B-1299AF4B7070.jpeg
    2108EEB3-CCEB-4C82-B67B-1299AF4B7070.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 8
The shade can be misleading based on the sunlight and color of your liner. Lack of filtration might just be the iron isn't agitated enough either by elevated FC, pH, and/or iron content. What makes you think of copper? Have you added copper algaecides or "Blue" products in the past? Your well should predominantly have iron.

If you focus on iron, then now that you passed the OLCT it may be times to let the FC fall a bit to about 4-5. But you must get the CYA up a little - at least a confident 30. It helps not only from the sun but to keep the chlorine from being too harsh.

Ok. I’ll just keep the polyfil going and DE.

the only reason I said copper was it was so light in green color vs last years brown. But I’ve followed all TFP guides learning lessons from an older pool. Only thing added was bleach 12.5%, some left over cya and borax.

let me drop the FC and perhaps hook up another polyfil contraption.

pool pressure has been steady 15 for 4 days so no need to backwash yet until it hits 18.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Update.
It was iron. Lol
As soon as I let the FC to 7/6 level the polyfil and sock in the filter turned brown and we were off to the races.

crystal clear this afternoon
CYA arrived and I put in recommended amount

ready fir Memorial Day

thank you!!!!!

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.