Metal Free- Help please!

Branam88

Jun 2, 2020
Orange, CT
Leslies-ugh! We fell for them 15 years ago, hopefully not again! Here are theresults:
FC 1.18
TC 15
TA 146
CH 0
CA 8
Copper 0.7-they said this is the first problem!
Never before had problems with the pool, 27 round, 18,500 gallons. So far shock, 32 oz of Metal Free and 1 CUlater pack and after 3 days we still have this:

Attachments

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
You’ve got some reading to do, but once you get this, you are going to be so amazed at how easy it is to manage your pool yourself. First, I’m assuming those are pool store test results? Toss those in the trash and order yourself a decent test kit. I buy mine from TFTestKits. A good test kit Is going to save you tons of money.

Then, you’ll want to check out Pool School. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry is a good place to start.

Branam88

Jun 2, 2020
Orange, CT
You’ve got some reading to do, but once you get this, you are going to be so amazed at how easy it is to manage your pool yourself. First, I’m assuming those are pool store test results? Toss those in the trash and order yourself a decent test kit. I buy mine from TFTestKits. A good test kit Is going to save you tons of money.

Then, you’ll want to check out Pool School. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry is a good place to start.
Thanks! Will do!

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Marrietta Ga
I just got a leslie's flyer,They are pushing tablets and shock big time. the "BIG SPECIAL" is 35 pds tablets and 25 pds shock for only $279!
Why aren't they pushing SWG? Maybe because they will go out of business :)

• Haha
Reactions: Branam88

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Hi, welcome to TFP! Was the water clear green before you added all the stuff Leslie's sold you? Was the shock Power Powder?

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Copper that high will usually leave stains on surfaces in the pool, and it doesn't occur naturally in the water. It has to be added from somewhere. When you scoop some pool water into a clear or white container does it look yellow? Do you have a heater for your pool?