zeebox4

May 27, 2021
Temple, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First time pool owner here and thoroughly perplexed by the overload of info...

I built the pool and filled with mostly drinking water from delivery truck. The delivery guy said I should be good to just shock it and go. So, I added 1 pound extra shock, ran filter for a day, tested and got first log below. Next day added second bag because TC was so low after first. Day later got second log with FC of 10 and no CYA.

I realize now I should have added stabilizer before shock. I also see this shock has "other ingredients" and not sure if that might include stabilizer that isn't showing up yet? I really don't want to add too much CYA because I cant drain / fill easily with my well.

My plan is to add half the recommended stabilizer amount (3lbs) by Pool math and retest. How long until I retest? Should I just go to 3lbs and retest? Kids are getting violent with just looking at the new pool...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.jpg.png
    1.jpg.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 2
The packages you show are Cal Hypo. No stabilizer. Just chlorine and calcium. What you show does not indicate any other ingredients.

I would add 40 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer. Use the sock method.

Reactions: zeebox4
If using liquid stabilizer, add the entire gallon. Be sure to get all the material out of the bottle. Rinse it multiple times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.