Mesh or regular winter cover for Intex Ultra Frame?

The micro mesh lets the water through, as a result, the leaves blow off with the wind.
I do have a float in the center of it, and the bottles hanging from the cover keep it tight to the pool, and across the top, which helps.
I will post a picture of it this weekend, as by the time I get home at night, it is already getting dark.
My pool has opened to clear water ever since I found TFP. All I end up doing in the spring is vacuuming the little bit that has filtered through the micro mesh.
Thats awesome! I’m leaning towards the micro mesh. How can you tell what the water level is when the cover is on? Did you have to drain lower than people with a solid cover, I assume? I live in an area that has unpredictable snowfall. It’s nothing like northern Ohio where they get a ton but we definitely get snow, just some years more than others.

EDIT: Just noticed you live in Alabama so snow is a non-factor but I’m sure you get quite a bit of rain so same idea. I really just mean any precipitation in general. Thanks in advance! :)

I have used a mesh cover with a pool pillow anchored to the ground the last two years with great results. The leaves just blow off and rain goes into the pool instead of collecting on the cover.

Attachments

• 3A6D01D3-51DA-4F82-ADDF-E3BB0B7A8F32.jpeg
    3A6D01D3-51DA-4F82-ADDF-E3BB0B7A8F32.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 20
Here is a picture of mine.
Sorry I didn't upload it last weekend, it was raining here.
BZnaLf2.png

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.