Mesh In-ground Pool Cover - Narrow Coping

rangerks

Apr 1, 2019
Austin TX
I’ve been looking at getting a Loop-Loc style mesh cover over our pool installed, as we have leaf fall in both fall and spring.

Most of the mesh pool cover sites recommend 24” of coming so there is room for the latch and spring. Unfortunately our in-ground pool is raised up on 3 sides roughly 6-8” out of the ground and we only have an 18” wide limestone coping.

does anyone have any experience with a situation like this and have recommendationswe could look into?

Thanks for the help.

Leaves falling on a pool cover are still going to be leaves in the water, impacting your chemistry and no fun to clean up. Not to mention the chore of uncovering the pool before every swim, and covering after. I wonder if a shade sail placed strategically between pool and tree would be a solution for you. If located and angled such, it would be a barrier that would deflect the debris away from the water, but wouldn't inhibit a quick jump into the pool. Plus they're nice to be under, even while in the water on a blazing day. If adding shade where it would is not what you want, I think there are mesh types that would allow sunlight through.

I wouldn't want to deal with a pool cover, and I'd rather clean up dry leaves off a sail, or off the ground, rather than soggy ones off a wet mesh...

So we just got an estimate for a mesh cover for our pool...for 20 by 40 custom cover (tightly woven mesh) it was $2300, but they put little keyhole brass fittings into your coping or the stone every 28" that the hooks fit into, it holds the cover tight stretched over the pool so the leaves don't sag into it, and you can just blow them off with leaf blower. We had leaves the size of dinner plates that the polaris couldn't get.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.