Mesh Cover + Plaster Pool

NOVApool

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 29, 2014
Northern Virginia
Dumb question: Is there any worry about the partial drain on a plaster pool for winterization? The mesh cover instructions say to keep the water level at 15-18" below the top, but I'm wondering if there is any issue of that exposed plaster being damaged over time. I haven't seen any issues the last few years, but I'm wondering if I should attempt to minimize the amount of plaster exposed, or if I'm just being overly worried and crazy. Thanks!

My spa has been drained every winter for 18 years and the plaster open to the air but under a cover. As well as the level of my pool being drained down about a foot below the tile line. Plaster does fine when covered and not baking exposed to hot sun.

I have a solid cover and pump lots of water off the cover. With a mesh cover your pool will not stay that low for long if we gets lots of precip over the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.