Merlin vs GLI Liner

Y-Man

Dec 26, 2023
NJ
Hi,

I am in the process of having a vinyl liner pool built. The PB says they use Merlin and GLI liners. I saw the swatches of both companies and the color we like is identical in both companies under a different name. Everything is identical, color, texture, everything. In Merlin it is called Sterling Shore and in GLI it is called Blue Slate. So my question is, which one should I go with? Is one better with respect to quality, etc? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am in the process of having a vinyl liner pool built. The PB says they use Merlin and GLI liners. I saw the swatches of both companies and the color we like is identical in both companies under a different name. Everything is identical, color, texture, everything. In Merlin it is called Sterling Shore and in GLI it is called Blue Slate. So my question is, which one should I go with? Is one better with respect to quality, etc? Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Both Merlin and GLI are reputable companies. I googled each and I can't make a determination if they are owned by the same parent company, or if the liners are manufactured in the same fabrication facility. Anyways, there's that.

If you haven't compared the thickness of each liner to each other, then you should. If one of them is thicker than the other, then go with the thicker one.
Liners come in 20, 27 and 30 mil thickness, or a combination of them. For example: A 27/20 is 27 mil on the side and 20 on the bottom. Thicker on the side because that is where the majority of tears occur. Dogs being he largest offender! If its just a 20, then its 20 on the sides and the bottom.

As long as the mil thickness are the same, AND the WARRANTY is the same, then you should go with the one that is the least expensive.
Everything being equal, and they are both the same price, then ..... I don't know.. maybe filp a coin?

No seriously, pick whichever one that gives you the best feeling. Either one you pick is a pretty good quality liner.

Last edited: