Mens swimming trunks- what are you wearing?

Lineman7

Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2017
Snyder, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
So, I've realized my trunks are really out dated. They are all the ones I've had since my 20's Lol. They are the long board shorts style. I'm sick of them. Looking for some really quality shorts that I can swim in and do weekend chores with. Looking for some shorts with pockets, fast drying, elastic waist, and on the shorter side.... maybe 11". I wanna be able to keep a phone and my pocket knife on me while I do chores, then go jump in the pool. Get out and do some more chores. Until its beer:30 and I stay in the pool.

Common sense is telling me I need to look into the fishing mfg's. I just don't have experience with them.

What do you like? and are you a active trunks wearer?

Not cheap but I recently got a few pairs of these and they are pretty nice. Not your normal mesh liner, more like boxer briefs inside them so they are comfortable to wear for long periods.

Reactions: Lineman7
Not cheap but I recently got a few pairs of these and they are pretty nice. Not your normal mesh liner, more like boxer briefs inside them so they are comfortable to wear for long periods.
Awesome. Thanks just ordered a pair(y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I’m doing anything in the yard on a hot day, I’ll just hose myself down quickly and then jump in the pool for a bit until I cool down. I just jump in with my cargo shorts on… whatever… keeps me from having a heat stroke. Last weekend it was 90 degrees out and I was patching potholes in my asphalt driveway with cold patch and a manual tamper… really appreciated the pool.

So, I've realized my trunks are really out dated. They are all the ones I've had since my 20's Lol.
I am surprised they lasted that long. I find any bathing suits with elastic will only last a few years - I am guessing that the chlorine destroys the elastic. Are are these the board shorts with laces that don't have an elastic waist?

I am surprised they lasted that long. I find any bathing suits with elastic will only last a few years - I am guessing that the chlorine destroys the elastic. Are are these the board shorts with laces that don't have an elastic waist?
Yes they are. No elastic.

Super comfortable, dry very quick, and the pouch keeps everything secure...but they are pricey. I have some I got from costco and old navy and other places, but the SAXX are just soo much better

So, I've realized my trunks are really out dated. They are all the ones I've had since my 20's Lol. They are the long board shorts style. I'm sick of them. Looking for some really quality shorts that I can swim in and do weekend chores with. Looking for some shorts with pockets, fast drying, elastic waist, and on the shorter side.... maybe 11". I wanna be able to keep a phone and my pocket knife on me while I do chores, then go jump in the pool. Get out and do some more chores. Until its beer:30 and I stay in the pool.

Common sense is telling me I need to look into the fishing mfg's. I just don't have experience with them.

What do you like? and are you a active trunks wearer?
Lol I just went through the same thing 2 weeks ago. I have had my board shorts since 2006! My wife was like “you got to do something about all that”. It’s hard find them and to boot longer than 1980 gym shorts. You know what I mean. I finally found field and stream ones I liked. Longer. Good for surf fishing. I can’t get over how freaking light and better they are vs my long heavy cotton ones! Omgggggggggg. I also bought like 8 short sleeve thrash shirts. Oh man I was so much cooler this trip especially when out on the boat. I’m only wearing those type of material for fishing back home now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.