east texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Have interfaced with @Dirk and @Jimrahbe on the advantages and disadvantages of 3-way valves versus 2-way valves. I would be interested in other perspectives.

A second issue is that the concrete equipment pad is listing front to back so that the back is 2 7/8 inches lower.
  • Does this impact the efficiency of the pump or the sand filter?
  • Does anyone have ideas on whether to a) replace the pad, b) jack up the rear, level it, and stabilize, c) skim coat it to level?
McLeod

Have interfaced with @Dirk and @Jimrahbe on the advantages and disadvantages of 3-way valves versus 2-way valves. I would be interested in other perspectives.

A second issue is that the concrete equipment pad is listing front to back so that the back is 2 7/8 inches lower.
  • Does this impact the efficiency of the pump or the sand filter?
  • Does anyone have ideas on whether to a) replace the pad, b) jack up the rear, level it, and stabilize, c) skim coat it to level?
McLeod
1. The pump should be level, although performance would not be effected if it wasn't. 2. Depends on the size of the pad

to continue...
I have a tab feeder and a check valve in the return line. I use a SWG. Do I need to keep the tab feeder or the check valve for that matter? The picture below is the current setup. It troubles my aesthetics so I'm trying clean things up while focused on efficiency. My desire would be to run the SWG directly to the return manifold and eliminate the both the chk valve and the feeder.

Attachments

• POV.SWG.Feed. CHKV.JPG
    POV.SWG.Feed. CHKV.JPG
    801.9 KB · Views: 9
I'm no concrete expert, but I'd say you have a few choices. The easy way would be to skim or shim the pad back to level. I've done similar type fixes on leaning towers of pizza, but that didn't address why it sunk in the first place, and that MO has yet to work out for me long-term.

If you never want to do it again, you need to either replace the pad, but this time be sure the soil is properly compacted and then prepared with the proper substrate (some sort of rock I think?).

Or possibly, depending on the size and weight of the pad, lift it off, compact and add gravel (maybe sand?), and then plop the existing pad back down on that. Like setting one giant paver. But either way, I think proper soil prep is going to be the key to doing it just once.

Again, not my area of knowledge, but I think a quick fix is just going to come back on you.

Though maybe if you try some pepperoni under there, that could work for a while. Don't use pineapple, that won't work.

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
I'm no concrete expert, but I'd say you have a few choices. The easy way would be to skim or shim the pad back to level. I've done similar type fixes on leaning towers of pizza, but that didn't address why it sunk in the first place, and that MO has yet to work out for me long-term.

If you never want to do it again, you need to either replace the pad, but this time be sure the soil is properly compacted and then prepared with the proper substrate (some sort of rock I think?).

Or possibly, depending on the size and weight of the pad, lift it off, compact and add gravel (maybe sand?), and then plop the existing pad back down on that. Like setting one giant paver. But either way, I think proper soil prep is going to be the key to doing it just once.

Again, not my area of knowledge, but I think a quick fix is just going to come back on you.

Though maybe if you try some pepperoni under there, that could work for a while. Don't use pineapple, that won't work.

View attachment 491771
Probably not much chance to get you over here for a visit & some supervision…behind a margarita of course

Probably not much chance to get you over here for a visit & some supervision…behind a margarita of course
Well, I really don't know how, but I have one to do at my house, so, yah, maybe I'll come over and practice on yours first! 😆

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.