Fayetteville, Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just received my Explorer E30 (S200) today. Worked great for 20 min then stopped. I cleaned and reset it and it worked great for another 20 min. Now it doesn’t work at all. Additionally, two of the four buttons on the power supply don’t work and there is a nick in the impeller. Waited on hold with Maytronics. They want me to ship it for service. Service after less than an hour of use. I am NOT happy. Left voicemail with Marina Pool and Spa where it was purchased. (They are VERY difficult to get on the phone). Grrrrrr. Ideas anyone?

Late last night (10pm her time) I got an email from Margaret. She said to try the procedure below and if it didn't work she’d process a replacement. So far it seems to have worked, though I don’t understand why. An hour in and it’s still cleaning. Will update.

motor disengagement procedure:

Reactions: EzriJax
I can’t imagine why that procedure worked but it seems to have fixed it. The inoperative buttons and lights on the power supply are because that power supply is also used on more expensive cleaners with more features that aren't available on the E30 so that is not an issue. (The supper knowledgeable Maytronics person I spoke to wanted me to ship it in based on that alone. Good grief. 🙄). There is a small nick in the impeller but that doesn’t seem worth messing with at this point.

It did miss a few spots during the two hour cycle but i’ll keep at it and update in a few days.

Expectation management on communication would serve Marina well. She did get back to me with good info albeit at midnight my time via email. Had I known to expect that it would have saved a lot of angst. Happy again until further notice.

I saw that procedure in another thread recently. Appears that rough shipping handling can effect that.

I am glad she got back to you.

I am so glad I found this. I also got this exact same model, yesterday, and was so disappointed today when it wouldn’t run for more than 20 min, and then would just stop. Filter wasn’t full...cord not tangled...it passed the out of water test...

I was out in the rain and cold all day, getting madder by the minute. The Maytronics phone number was useless. I got a message “the person you are trying to reach has traveled out of range” or something like that...which is the strangest thing I’ve ever encountered when calling a business # and made me even more frustrated.

Anyway, I am not surprised this fixed the unit because I did notice when I was inspecting it prior to putting it in the water that the “guts” seemed a little loose in there. The tread covers were both off in the box when it arrived and it just seemed like it hadn’t been handled very carefully.

I didn’t find this video until almost dark, and so the dolphin (which we’ve named “Daryl”) finished-finally a full cycle-after dark. I don’t have lights out there yet so I don’t know how well it cleaned the pool, but the filter basket was actually FULL this time, so I’m confident I will wake up to a much cleaner pool.
Thanks again to the members of this forum. Now I don’t have to return this thing and wait another week to finish opening the pool.

:lovetfp:

Interesting video. This series of robots has got to be the easiest thing to work on I have ever seen - 2-3 minutes to pull and reseat the motor and get back to cleaning. Outstanding design!
100% agreement.

It was super simple. It’s nice that there’s lots of room in there and no where to lose the screws. Reminded me of working on my 1980’s Buick Regal, minus all the rust and burnt motor oil, and, and...I digress.
The only suggestion I’d have is they could pack them a little better. Just slapping a “fragile” sticker on it doesn’t cut it. There was lots of wiggle room inside the box.

This series of robots has got to be the easiest thing to work on I have ever seen -
djw,

To take the motor out of one of their older robots takes about two hours and a quart of blood from trying to get your hands in places they should not be... Even just changing the tracks on the older ones was a real pain..

With the S200 (style) it is about a 2 minutes job...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I am so glad I found this. I also got this exact same model, yesterday, and was so disappointed today when it wouldn’t run for more than 20 min, and then would just stop. Filter wasn’t full...cord not tangled...it passed the out of water test...

I was out in the rain and cold all day, getting madder by the minute. The Maytronics phone number was useless. I got a message “the person you are trying to reach has traveled out of range” or something like that...which is the strangest thing I’ve ever encountered when calling a business # and made me even more frustrated.

Anyway, I am not surprised this fixed the unit because I did notice when I was inspecting it prior to putting it in the water that the “guts” seemed a little loose in there. The tread covers were both off in the box when it arrived and it just seemed like it hadn’t been handled very carefully.

I didn’t find this video until almost dark, and so the dolphin (which we’ve named “Daryl”) finished-finally a full cycle-after dark. I don’t have lights out there yet so I don’t know how well it cleaned the pool, but the filter basket was actually FULL this time, so I’m confident I will wake up to a much cleaner pool.
Thanks again to the members of this forum. Now I don’t have to return this thing and wait another week to finish opening the pool.

:lovetfp:
Curious if you bought this recently from Marina?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will add that INYO shipped it same day and we got it the following day. I was really happy about that.
The filters are the biggest difference between Marina and others. Marina includes both the 'spring clean up' filters (what is normally sold with the robot), and the fine pleated filters. They also have a dual filter system, though I am not sure that is true for the E30, but was for the Active series. All for the same cost. I see Inyo charges more for the pleated filters as an accessory.

Thank you so much for posting this video. I too purchased the Maytronics Dolphin E30 from Marina. I noticed when I first got it that it sure didn't run very long, but I guess I wasn't paying that close attention until I finally realized it was only running 15 minutes at a time, and then I couldn't get it to run at all. I called Marina and was told that it was probably because my pool temp was too cool. REALLY??? So I pulled it out of the water for the winter (in Texas). Now that it has started to warm up a bit (water above 60 degrees) I thought I would give it another try. Same issue, when it finally does run, only runs about 15 minutes. So I came on the forum to see if anyone else had the issue and saw this video. Followed the video instructions and I believe it is now working. YEAH Thank you again to whomever posted the video!

Thanks for the video on reseating the motor.

I know everyone talks about Marina Pool and spa, but I just ordered an E30 from Wild West pool. The same E30 was over $100 less. It was shipped the day after the order was placed. Now maybe it only comes with the standard filter, I guess I will check once it arrives.

Grand Total:​
$785.17 USD
Tax:​
$59.91 USD
Shipping:​
$9.95 USD
Coupon Code (WWAC5):​
-$37.65 USD
Subtotal:​
$752.96 USD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.