Maytronics - done with them

GMTK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
Nautilus CC Cleaner Plus. Lasted 18 months before the power cord from the box to the robot broke. Have to ship it back for warranty repair - $130 for shipping! Time to find a new brand.

Attachments

• Cord.jpg
    Cord.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
GMTK,

I understand how you feel, but that is a very odd failure.. I don't believe that we have seen that before.

Having to pay return shipping, even for a warranty repair is a pretty standard thing, unless it failed right out the box.

Thanks,

Jim R.

GMTK,

I understand how you feel, but that is a very odd failure.. I don't believe that we have seen that before.

Having to pay return shipping, even for a warranty repair is a pretty standard thing, unless it failed right out the box.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I tried to get Maytronics to just ship me the part and they would not do it. It's an easy fix, but they said I had to send it in or take to a authorized retailer. Called three places and they all said it's a month before they can get the part and they would charge me labor.

Nautilus CC Cleaner Plus. Lasted 18 months before the power cord from the box to the robot broke. Have to ship it back for warranty repair - $130 for shipping! Time to find a new brand.
Weird, I’ve got the same one. I’ll have to look for when I bought it but it’s been a couple years for sure.

I shipped my dolphin from Houston to Georgia for 75$ incl insurance via UPS ground (prepaid off their website, just dropped off at a UPS store). I just had to buy a box and bubble wrap at HD. 130 seems like a lot for shipping - was that a quote from a local place?

Essentially I got back an almost totally rebuilt robot - they replaced everything remotely worn by their testing, not just the part that was broken. Maytronics more made up for the shipping cost.

My 2 cents

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you go to myups.com and sign up for free account you can create and pay for a shipping label direct through UPS. You save the markup of the local franchise.

I packed, weighed and measured my box and it gave me UPS Ground as the cheapest with insurance.

Maybe that will save you some $$$

How do you remove the robot from the water?
That damage, especially given it's happened twice, looks like a lot of force is being exerted on it. Several members of TFP have had similar issues but were related to how they were getting from pool onto deck.

The instructions say to gently pull the robot to side using cord, but to not use cord to lift any weight of the robot as it's removed from water.

Reactions: BDY and Mdragger88
Use cord to get it to the edge, pull it up by the handle up on the edge and let the water drain. Then place it on the fancy cart and put it away.

I took the "spindle" where the wires go in and it was destroyed. Very unusual. Looks like the wired broke and then arced and burned each other to themselves.

Go on pirateship.com & get shipping quotes for all the carriers.
I use them often- an account is free
Just used this site to ship my robot back. $39 via UPS. Lady at my UPS store looked surprised when I showed up with a sticker on the box.... I understand needing to make money, but $100 off of one package is a little nuts. Thanks again for the site link.

Now I wait for Maytronics to do their thing.

Sent my M600 back the last of July (2023) as it would not power on. Cost $35. They returned it in a week with a new power supply, robot serviced, and new wall climbing rollers installed. 2 weeks later, power supply failed. they send a new one. The new one lasted 1 day. They sent another one. So far, this one has worked flawlessly.

Just used this site to ship my robot back. $39 via UPS. Lady at my UPS store looked surprised when I showed up with a sticker on the box.... I understand needing to make money, but $100 off of one package is a little nuts. Thanks again for the site link.

Now I wait for Maytronics to do their thing.
I really like pirateship- I use it for ebay often since you can import buyer’s info. I have shipped some really weirdly sized & heavy things that would have cost a fortune traditionally
Around here is fedex country & my local dollar general less than a mile away is a fedex drop off/pickup spot so I usually pick them if I’m not going usps with home pickup. I actually picked up my dolphin from the dollar general via fedex when I bought it new because it required a signature & wasn’t going to be home.
Not sure if you’re region jumping to get to Georgia from San Antonio with ups but if so that’s where the cost is.
I wish maytronics would be like dyson- no box needed, no shipping cost under warranty, just bring it in to the ups store & scan your barcode. They take care of everything. The easiest warranty I have ever dealt with!

Reactions: newdude
I wish maytronics would be like dyson- no box needed, no shipping cost under warranty, just bring it in to the ups store & scan your barcode. They take care of everything. The easiest warranty I have ever dealt with!
+1. And FAST. The Dyson was sitting on my porch fixed 5 or so days later when I got home from work.

Reactions: Mdragger88
+1. And FAST. The Dyson was sitting on my porch fixed 5 or so days later when I got home from work.
Mine was not only repaired but completely gone over, cleaned, & refurbished basically. They even replaced the little holder on the cord that had been missing it’s whole life! It took about 5-6 business days to get to florida, fixed & back to MS.

Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.