Sep 19, 2010
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I replaced the membrane pad went from a 9 pin to a 6. I correctly placed it on pins 4-9. After that the heater won't start. It comes up all 888 then gives a 180/R9 error and lights up Service Heater and SFS. I purchased and installed a new Stack Flue Sensor and it ohms out to 3.5 m Ohms per specs.

Prior to the membrane replacement it would start.
Any ideas, thank you.

Do you still have the old membrane? Is it possible to hook it back up and see if the membrane caused the issue or this is a new issue? The other thing is your thermal regulator, it’s possible it’s stuck or corroded, you can pull it out spring/regulator place cap back on and try firing it up briefly.

Reactions: bradjo
Do you still have the old membrane? Is it possible to hook it back up and see if the membrane caused the issue or this is a new issue? The other thing is your thermal regulator, it’s possible it’s stuck or corroded, you can pull it out spring/regulator place cap back on and try firing it up briefly.
Yes, thanks, I tried it and nothing different. I also pulled, cleaned and tested the thermal regulator, it worked. But the heater still does not fire.

Jo,

Is the heater not responding to the automation or is the heater just not working at all??

How is your heater connected to the automation?

Thanks,

Jim R.
It comes on. When I turn the heater on at the Intellitouch panel in service mode I get lights in a boot sequence, but it doesn't start it's ignition sequence (blower, igniter).

It’s not normal sequencing on the board, even if sfs is bad it will fire for a few seconds Before sfs gets a reading and than shut down. Any lights on the fenwal? Sounds like the board went bad. But before replacing board since it’s a more expensive part. I would do a hard reset ,check wiring from sfs, make sure all wiring is snug on the board, Visually check board. Clean and jump high limit(sometimes high limit will cause erratic behavior).

Reactions: bradjo
Thank you guys for all your help. I gave up and called Pentair. The guy was great. Turned out although I had pump speeds set at my LCD screen and had sent those to my Intellitouch center because I had no pump speeds set in my ScreenLogic2 app it wouldn't work. So I set those and she fired. I'll re-panel my heater when it's not 115 on my pool pad!

Thank you guys so much for the help and support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.