Mastertemp 400 Temperature Issue

jstanley993

Nov 23, 2021
Texas
I have a Pentair Mastertemp 400 that is about 3 years old. Recently the spa has not been heating like usual. The spa will only heat to 91 degrees. I checked the temperature setting on the heater and it set to 104. After reading on the forums I believed the culprit could be the thermistor. I replaced it and have the same issue with the new thermistor. The heater seems to believe the temperature is 104 but it’s still only heating to 91. I am not seeing any error codes or lights on the back of the control board. I was considering replacing the thermal regulator but it doesn’t seem like that would effect the temperature reading on the unit. Could this be a faulty control board?

Welcome to TFP.

You need a multimeter and a 10K resistor.

The temperature sensor is a 10K thermistor. You can measure its resistance with a multimeter.

10K_thermistor_chart.png

For a test replace the thermistor with a 10K resistor.

If the temperature stays at 76F then you still have a problem with the new thermistor.

If the temperature drops you probably need to check the wiring from the thermistor to the board, and maybe replace the board.

full

full

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.