Mastertemp 400 - Intermittent heating and more

Johnskoc

May 12, 2020
Huntington Beach CA
My MT400 is a couple of years old but has gotten a lot of work! It began heating intermittently and by reading posts and answers here I determined that the thermal regulator was bad. It has been replaced. However the heater is still not working properly. Here are the symptoms:
1. It begins heating while the system is on normal pool mode. Heats for 15 minutes and then shuts off.
2. When set to spa mode it does not turn on at all.
3. The LEDs work but the LCD is not working. The heater is connected to an EasyTouch panel.
I'm thinking that a thermistor is needed. Thanks for any input.

If the LCD panel is off, the E/T has it turned off. Or i should say the heater is not getting a call for heat, or a closing of the sending wire. Could be an issue with the E/T or the wire that runs between. What does the E/T say the water temp is? Does it agree with your floating thermometer AND the display on the heater during that fifteen minutes of run time? You mentioned that the LEDs are working, which ones?

Thanks for the reply. The Pool On LED is lit. The Heating LED is lit during the 15 minute heat period.
The E/T says 87 which agrees with my thermometer. And which agrees with my ScreenLogic App.
It's the LCD panel that seems to be failing. It was displaying temps previously...maybe a week ago. And it was not agreeing with the three points of temp mentioned above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.