Mastertemp 400 AFS error no power to blower

Ok, it's unusual for the blower to seize at only 7 years old so something went dramatically wrong.

Did mice get inside?

Any chance that water somehow got into the exhaust?

Maybe a sprinkler system or maybe a house downspout?
I opened the old motor end and found corrosion like an old battery and very damp. We had a sand filter with gallons of water literally busted open within 2 feet of the unit. Sand and water went everywhere. So it probably got wet along with the ICM is my guess. It seems dry inside the chamber. Do you know what sensors have to work before ignition occurs. I check the therm regulator and changed the thermostat too. I read somewhere along the blogs that the flute stack sensor had to be changed too with the new circuits board design.

I opened the old motor end and found corrosion like an old battery and very damp. We had a sand filter with gallons of water literally busted open within 2 feet of the unit. Sand and water went everywhere. So it probably got wet along with the ICM is my guess.
It's like if a car is flooded, the insurance company just totals it because the damage cannot really be accurately assessed and it becomes a nightmare to fix.

It seems like you have been very thorough in going through everything.

At this point, I am out of ideas.

Yeah me too! Thanks again.
Well! I feel I need to make one final post on this thread for my problem. It pains me but I owe it to whom ever checks these for help. My Mastertemp is working now. The last problem with AFS error was because when the blower motor was installed (not by me, I always take pictures before and after) the air flow tubes were not attached correctly. The new motor did not come with a diagram for tube placement. So the AFS switch white side was attached to air blower cap. The correct positions are in picture. White cap has a short tube to gas valve. This is embarrassing but I hope it helps. All my other parts but a new AFS switch were still needed.

Attachments

• EDA44DD1-2204-4754-A062-5EC120832EB6.jpeg
    EDA44DD1-2204-4754-A062-5EC120832EB6.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.