Silver Supporter
Nov 3, 2020
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everybody, I have call into my dealer but I thought I'd try here to to see if maybe I can't get some advice.

MasterSpa Twighlight 7.2. It was delivered November 2020 so it's still pretty new. Got a high heat warning on it and realized that 1.) pump #1 (there is no dedicated circ pump) is stuck on low speed. Won't turn off, even when the control panel says there are no pumps running. 2.) When I try to turn it to high speed, I get a loud buzzing for few seconds and then the pump shuts completely off for 10 or 15 seconds before something seems to reset and the low speed comes back on. Pump 2 works fine.

I let it run for multiple hours to be sure it wasn't doing something like heating or filtering. The heat icon is not lit while it's running. I flipped the breaker and let it sit over night, no change when I turned it back on the next morning. System goes through purge and I can see the little animated pump icon running for a while which is normal, but then the icons turn off and pump is still going and just goes forever.

The loud buzzing sound for high speed sounds like a start capacitor but would that cause the pump to be stuck running in low speed all the time?

We did take a power hit before we noticed this was going on.

Thanks for any insight. I'm waiting for my dealer to call me back here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.