Masterseal NP1 to seal very small perimeter edge gap

Pajara

Jan 6, 2019
Tucson/arizona
I have a flagstone deck that cantilevers over the edge, it is set in mortar(cement). There were a few very small gaps between the top edge of the mortar and the bottom of the flagstones along the vertical perimeter edge. The thickness of the mortar varies slightly depending on the thickness of the flagstone to make a nice level deck. I was worried water might get in that area when there was splashing in the pool, so I used Masterseal NP1 in stone to seal the entire top perimeter edge between the mortar and the flagstone. In places I ended up covering the entire 1/4" to 1/2 " mortar between the flagstone and the top edge of the waterline tile with it. I know it's a little late to ask since it is already done, but was this an acceptable way to seal those hairline gaps and the mortar. It looks really nice, I'm just hoping it will hold up for awhile. The area very seldom gets wet. I live in Tucson Az by the way so we get pretty hot in the summer.

It should be fine.

Let us know how it lasts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.