Marine/Boat LED light alternative to pool light

hwhitfi1

May 18, 2020
Iva, SC
Has anyone used a marine grade led light for a boat dock or boat In their inground pool? They look like better quality and have a better warranty than the leds from Pentair and Hayward. We are building a pool and looking for better alternatives. Pentair and Hayward don’t seem to have the led light thing Mastered yet. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

You have a link to a boat or marine LED light you are considering using?

Interesting option. Costs about the same per light as pool lights.

Check that the lights meet NEC part 680 codes for pools in your area. I see some things that may cause issues with inspectors.

. I always wondered what I was going to do with the barnacle encrusted pilings in my pool :scratch:
Great joke, so bravo. But check this out....... when I opened to a swamp last week, the pool reeked like being down at the dock. It was the same algae and salt (even though it was more diluted than the sea water). I never gave the dock smell any thought and just always associated it with low tide, but it was because all the salty green crud was exposed along the dock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.