Many thanks to the TFP community...

JayG

Gold Supporter
Aug 31, 2015
Harrison, NY
For helping me close my pool for the first time. Of course whether I was truly successful will be known upon opening next season. That said, with your help and watching what the previous owner's pool company charged $1000 to do, I think we are going to be fine.

Fact is, that thanks to all of the people on this site, we managed to take control of our pool this season from opening to closing. We enjoyed the heck out of the it, and never experienced a hiccup regarding algae or any other enemy of a clear pool. Plus, the former owners were spending ~$6000/season for what this site helped us learn how to do for much less. I figure ~$1500 for a Cl delivery system (Stenner+inground bleach cistern:$1200) plus bleach ($300) and ~$800 for a robotic cleaner. Going forward, only the cost of bleach will be recurring. All I had to do was check my chemistries a couple times a week, empty the skimmer baskets weekly, and clean the filters of the robot occasionally. Best of all, I KNEW that our pool is in good shape and safe for swimming. That knowledge was priceless.

Thank you all again. I'll check in come Spring!

Best,

Jay

Thanks, Jay,

That's a great testimonial to this community.

TFP is very grateful for your financial contribution as well. It always goes 100% to keeping this site the best pool site on the net.

I almost had a heart attack when I looked at your avatar and thought those were long necks floating in warm pool water. Zoomed in and I feel much better now! We thank you for the "Thanks".

I agree that $6000 seems crazy but the prior owners said that other pool companies charged less for the routine maintenance but charged an arm and a leg for chemicals. The $6K company didn't charge for chemicals so they felt they came out ahead. Whether it was $3K or $6K, as a rationale person, I turned to TFP b/c I figured that pool care was something we could understand and master. Plus, I'm someone who likes to understand how things work. I was admittedly insecure at first, but you all held my hand as I opened our pool, balanced our water and quickly as I got more testing under my belt, the whole picture of pool care came into focus. Soon, it all made sense: some basic principles that make for a TFP. To be sure, I still have much to learn, but I've gained some basic confidence and know that someone here will have my back if something goes wrong. Now that I've opened and closed the pool once, I'm sure it will go faster the second time.

Thanks again to the TFP community. What a great resource for the DIY types who are tired of being at the mercy of pool care companies and the pool store.

Pool owners unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains! ;-)

Many thanks!

Jay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.