Many rocks under new vinyl liner - acceptable?

Rockybalboa

Jul 1, 2021
NY
Hi all. Just got my pool completed last September and this is my first season using it. I've noticed that the are many small rocks under my vinyl liner. None seem that big, smaller than 1/2 inch, but I've gotten a few small cuts on feet. Would this go away over time or does it need to get fixed? Thanks!

Your builder should have put a layer of smooth vermiculite on the floor of your pool. Do you know what was done during the build?

Fixing the floor now may cost you your liner. Hard to remove and replace an installed liner to fix the floor.

Have you complained to your builder?

Reactions: Newdude
Your builder should have put a layer of smooth vermiculite on the floor of your pool. Do you know what was done during the build?

Fixing the floor now may cost you your liner. Hard to remove and replace an installed liner to fix the floor.

Have you complained to your builder?
I'm not sure about the vermiculite, the only picture I have looks like nothing was added on the bottom, just foam on the sides and steps.

No, I haven't reached out yet. Wanted to get some opinions first, but looks like like conversation I should have. Just wanted to get more educated first.

Screenshot_2023-07-16-08-35-32-30_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-16-08-34-59-55_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.