Manual override a Pentair Valve Actuator

Higginspool

Mar 28, 2021
Naples, FL
Surface
Plaster
One of my actuator valves is stuck in spa mode. When I try to use the manual switch on the side the valve will not move. I need to manually move the valve back to pool mode until I can get the valve looked at. I’ve read for other valve brands you can do this by loosing the nut at the top of the valve handle. However, this doesn’t seem to work for the Pentair.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

H,

You have to take the actuator off and manually turn the valve.

Do NOT put the long screws for the actuator back into the Jandy valve until the actuator is repaired or replaced.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim, thanks for the quick reply. I’m a novice when it comes to pool maintenance. When you say take the actuator off, I need to remove the full device under the valve handle (see picture)? Will there be water flowing out of the valve when I remove?

Attachments

• 08225B47-BFB0-4668-A984-6E4619A50EF3.jpeg
    08225B47-BFB0-4668-A984-6E4619A50EF3.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 21
Remove the actuator by removing the 4 screws that hold it on the valve. Do this with the pump off. Then use the handle from the actuator (remove the thumbscrew) and put the handle on the valve stem to set the valve. As Jim said, DO NOT put the 4 long screws in just the valve body, you will break the valve. Turn the pump on and see if you have any leaks.

H,

Your actuator and valve are two separate parts.. The valve is the only place where water flows.. The actuator is just an electric motor that sits on top of the valve and allows your automation to turn the valve, rather than you walking over and turning it manually.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.